Tuesday 25 October 2011

Just some thoughts....

I could never understand how two people could be so intimately and ridiculously in love and then a couple years later or even less , they loathe each other. I am old enough to understand that some folks can and do grow apart but, here's this woman who you love to death. You did everything to get her attention and even more for her affection and now as the years run on you cant even stand to look at her. The loving affection and pillowy words all fade and is replaced by something ugly and unfathomable. I wonder if this man ever thought he would be in this position. I know no one is perfect, that in fact is an understatement, however even with this knowledge, dont you think this requires more work and effort on our part to make any and every relationship we are a part of successful? 
This being the end result of any long term relationship or my marriage , is the thing that scares me speechless. And it takes quite a lot to get me speechless. It almost glues me to the spot I'm in right now in my life. Makes me so fearful that they might have to drag me down the aisle kicking and screaming. To know that this man that i want to spend the rest of my life on this earth with,could possibly grow apart so much or that i have the ability to dislike this man tremendously. This man, a part of my life, possibly will be the father of my children. Everyone makes mistakes, surely, however i have seen relationships whose light just dims along the years. They grow apart, they lose interest, they just stop trying. Somewhere along this time, someone or both started caring less. This i believe is when everything starts going downhill, when everything dims and dies. That thing falls of a shelf and everyone around, who is willing to listen, hears the crash. 
Note well, I'm not disregarding the notion that life throws some curve balls, and sticks you in some distasteful and disgusting situations, but all this does is highlight and reveal to you the stuff your relationship is made of.Not forgetting that this is my opinion, based on my limited experience, but ever watchful eyes. Let me reiterate that we as humans are imperfect and sometimes mildly callous, a little oblivious at times and completely clueless at others, but putting all this aside we should establish all these things we dim insignificant before the relationship gets serious.  
Is it that it suddenly hits you that this is not the person for you ? That this person has changed, fine i can comprehend that, but if this is the same person as before you guys tied the knot, then i think you need to re-evaluate yourself and your expectations. Somewhere,sometime, something went wrong.I dunno what, but it did. When and if you guys could shed some light on this, i dunno due to experience, because no one is snooping around anyone else's relationship with a dang flashlight, but if you can i would love to hear your contribution. 
Thats all that was on my mind, took me an entire day to compose, because i had to backspace alot,( my fingers were falling and twisting over each other in haste, and some of the stuff i typed in my fury and haste was a bit controversial)but here it is! 
BYE KISSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment