Friday 8 July 2011

My yarn braids...

So i finally put in my yarn braids, and i must say i love it, much easier to manage than the yaki and any other hair extension that ive worn. Since its a fabric, its alot more forgiving on my hair, when its wet it expands just like my hair. I can already see significant growth in my roots, when i condition my scalp the yarn soaks up the conditioner and even the leave-in  penetrates my hair follicles so nicely. I can feel the difference. I honestly love the look, its easy to manage and easier to style. It has the appearance of dreads without the commitment ...lol. I love it especially because its a completely different look for me. If you have ever wondered how you would rock dreads hen try some yarn braids. At first it was a bit tight and they appear to be simple braids, however after they have been in there for a while and they've gotten wet, and theres a bit of growth at your roots they begin to have a striking resemblance to locs. From afar and even upclose some individuals actually believe that i have dreads. Its so funny their reactions.
Just starting the hairdo...i did some in the back but a friend did the front because it was too much of a weird angle for me to do it. I learnt how to braid that week because i really wanted to do this protective style and i could not wait any longer. 
Didnt quite finish but i managed to go out with a half done hairstyle..lol It didnt look half- bad...lmao

 
Last minute touch ups and i was done. I burnt the ends to keep them from unraveling and i had to have my signature part on the left..lol
I wore it like this for a few days beacause the braids were still a bit painful to do much else with them.
In all honesty it was really nice to feel hair at the back of my neck, and twists that i can see without having to pull them down in front my eyes. I didnt miss the shrinkage or the combing every morning. But dont get me wrong they have their disadvantages, like walking thru the sweltering heat with these things on your neck and back. I was stifling!
Also when i did wash my hair i had to retwist some, which were pretty easy, once i got them to dry, which takes forever if you dont have a hair dryer.
I missed my fast air drying hair...lol
When they finally loosened up i wore different hairstyles. I had to scour youtube to get some hairstyles and i got some really cool ones from some of my youtube friends. I created some of my own and then when i was late on mornings and too tired at nights i just wore them up....
...just like this. I got some of my scarves that ive neglected over the years and wore them around my braids. I loved this look just because it was quick and easy and you could co ordinate with your outfit and your scarf. I went crazy shopping for scarves all over the city...(window shopping that is)trying to get some pretty scarves for my head. I also loved this look because it look like i had locs, which gets me even now. Its funny how much the thought tickles me, but im still very sceptical. Im not going to lac my hair, but i could wear these different protective styles and enjoy my hair journey to the fullest.
Its been a wonderful journey and now my aim is to achieve maximum growth and to retain as much moisture in my hair for the growing to take effect. I love the result so far, and im learning to have the patience it takes for happy healthy hair.
BYE!!!!.... KISSES..


No comments:

Post a Comment